How To Store Apricot And Make Dried Apricots ?
Apricot is an important economic fruit tree species. It is one of the common fruits. It is extremely rich in nutrition. It contains more sugars, proteins and minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. However, apricots are thin and juicy, and are easily infected by bacteria after being bumped and squeezed. How can they be stored for a long time?
What is the best way to store apricots?
- method one:You can pick some of the leaves of the Tsubaki tree and put them in a cardboard box. After putting the apricots, cover the Tsubaki leaves. Apricots can mature faster without spoiling. This saves 4 days.
- Method Two:Putting apricots in a refrigerator and refrigerating them is also a very effective method to keep bacteria from breeding and oxidizing air. This saves a week.
- Method three:When apricots are few, they can be placed in a flat, dry and ventilated place without direct sunlight. Avoid stacking and do not put them in plastic bags. This saves 3 days.
- Method four:The apricots are washed, pitted and cut, put in a jar and soaked with high-concentration sugar water, and can be stored for a long time after being sealed, and can be stored for about 8 months to about a year.
- Method five:The apricots are washed, pitted and dried. Made into dried almonds. After sealed storage, it can be stored for about one year.
How can you tell if an apricot is bad?
- Pinch the hardness of the apricot. If it is particularly hard, it means that the apricots are not ripe yet and they are picked when they are raw.
- Look at the color of the apricot. Because apricots will be yellow if they are ripe, and the ones that are normally ripe are usually the very clear yellow.
- Smell the apricot scent. If it is naturally ripe, it will give off a sweet fragrance, but if it is not, it will have a bitter taste.
- Looking at the surface of the apricot, it is good if it is that smooth and full.
- Note if there are worm eyes on the apricot surface.
- Apricots that are spoiling will typically become very soft, develop dark spots and start to ooze; discard any apricots if moldd appears or if the apricots have an off smell or appearance.
What are the benefits of dried apricots?
Dried apricots are rich in trace components that are beneficial to the human body. Regular consumption of them has great benefits for human health.
1. Reduce the incidence of heart disease or coronary heart disease. Because almonds are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, they can reduce harmful low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
2. Supplement trace elements in the body: Dried apricots contain a variety of minerals, including magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium, zinc, etc., which can supplement the lack of trace elements in the body.
3. Improve bowel movements: Dried apricots are rich in cellulose, which is very effective in improving slow bowel movements and can eliminate hunger. This is very effective in controlling diet. Dried apricots have the functions of relieving cough, asthma, laxative, laxative and insecticidal.
4. Provide the main source of high-quality plant protein. Plant protein has a unique effect on human health. Not only does it not contain bad cholesterol, it can also provide more dietary fiber, vitamin E, unsaturated fats and other healthy ingredients.
5, Delicious: dried apricot is beautiful in color, with sour and sweet mouth, full of color, fragrance and taste. It maintains the natural color and nutrition of fresh apricots, and has the effects of rejuvenating and quenching thirst, removing heat and cold.
How to dry apricots at home ?
- Take a few ripe apricots, remove and clean them.
- Open the fruit and remove the apricot pit.
- Place the pulp from the apricot kernels on a clean plate. Rip the pulp side up.
- Exposure to strong sunlight for several days.
- After the fruit moisture has been dried, it becomes dried apricots. Store the dried apricots in a container and place in a cool, ventilated place
How do they dry apricots for commercial use in factory?
Selection: Choose fully ripe apricots as raw materials. Eliminate broken and unsuitable fruits. Remove apricot kernels and cut in half.
Cleaning: After entering into the fruit washing machine, dried apricots will repeatedly move under the action of air bubbles and high-pressure water to achieve the purpose of cleaning.
Dehydration by vibration: After the dried apricot enters the vibration dehydrator, the water on the surface is removed during the vibration progress and under the effect of wind.
Drying: Put the tray with dried apricots into the fruit drying machine as required. When full, push the drying car into the drying room. Record the time. The temperature of the drying room should be controlled to 70-80 ° C, and the temperature should be maintained for 4-5 hours. During the period, the upper and lower trays should be repositioned to ensure that the dried apricots are evenly heated.
Picking: Pour dried dried apricots on a picking conveyor, and manually pick out dried apricots that do not meet the quality requirements through the conveyor belt under the light.
Packaging: Packed into a finished product using a packaging machine.
Coding: Use the printer to spray the production date on the product packaging.
How long does it take to dry apricots in a dehydrator?
Usually about 4 hours. It can be determined according to the moisture content of the finished product and the temperature during drying.
How to freeze apricots ?
Fresh apricots have a short storage period and cannot meet the needs of people's material life. In order to solve the contradiction between the seasonal harvesting and the long-term supply of the market, apricots can be quickly frozen.
I. Process flow Raw material selection → Raw material processing (washing, cutting in half, denuclearization) → Color protection → Blanching → Cooling → Quick freezing → Packaging refrigeration
Second, the operating points
1. Raw material selection: ripe apricots. Remove fruit with pests, mildew, deformities and rust spots.
2. Raw material treatment Wash the sediment on the raw materials with water.
3. Continuous blanching machine is used for blanching. The temperature of the hot water is generally around 90 ° C, and the blanching is performed for 3 to 5 minutes. It is better to blanch the raw materials without being cooked. Remove the apricots after they are blanched, and quickly put them in cold water to cool them to prevent the apricot meat from being overheated due to heat.
4. Quick-freezing can be quick-freezing with tunnel quick-freezing machine. Pre-cool the freezing chamber to below -25 ° C. Feed the raw materials from the hoisting conveyor belt to the vibrating screen bed, shake the raw materials and enter the freezing conveyor belt, and the high-speed cold air blows the raw materials from the bottom of the mesh sieve from the bottom to the top to perform rapid freezing.
Packaging and refrigeration
1. The packaging workshop must be kept at a low temperature of -5 ° C. Non-toxic film bags for inner packaging, each bag contains 500 grams. Corrugated cardboard boxes for outer packaging, net weight 10 kg per box. The outside of the box is sealed with adhesive tape and stored in a cold storage.
2. Frozen quick-frozen apricots are stored in a refrigerator at -20 ° C to -25 ° C. The temperature fluctuation range is ± 1 ° C, and the refrigeration temperature remains stable.